Thursday 14th March 2019 - 12:00 until 20:00 - The Venue@DMU.
Come and join us in celebrating the strengths, creativity, unity and wit of women across Leicestershire.
*Stop Press* New artists just confirmed:
Abena Bediako: poet and singer, Ishi Khan-Jackson: comedian,
Sarah Davies: writer, poet and comedian,
Rosa Fernandez: poet, Leonie Dubarry-Gurr: musician,
Sandra Pollock: poet, author and singer.
Hear local inspirational women speakers:
- Glynis Wright, Heather Savigny and Daisy Richards: See It Be It: Media Representation and Role Models
- Zinthiya Ganeshpanchan: Barriers for BAME Women’s Empowerment
- Sue Grogan: Setting Up a Business – Passion, Pressure and Pitfalls
- Councillor Elaine Pantling: The Life and Work of Alice Hawkins, Leicester Suffragette
- Sandra Pollock: Being Black and Female in Business
- Julie Fish: Queerying LBTQ -Women’s Activism in Everyday Life
- Glynis Wright: The Development of a Family Law Practice
- Bertha Ochieng: Developing Solutions for Addressing the Health and Social Care Needs of Women
- Farhana Sheikh: Women Building Skills for Business
- Ulrike Kubatta: Shaping the Powerful Woman –Transformation and Documentary Storytelling.
Stroll around stalls from various women's groups across Leicestershire including:
- Women's Equality Party,
- WALL and UAVA,
- Zinthiya Trust,
- Sharma Women’s Centre,
- Clare Walker Consultancy,
- Victim First, C
- LASP Carers Centre,
- Police and Crime Commissioner.
Visit our FUn Living Library: chat one-to-one with people like you who want to give voice to a part of their life story; an aspect which is often stereotyped and stigmatised.